A brief summary of Chuck Easttom's CV, is provided here.
While attending he was named to the National Dean's List.
While attending he was named to Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities.
73 certifications including: many cyber security/forensics/pen testing certifications; multiple programming/web development/database certifications; and several operating system/network certifications.
39 computer science related books on topics such as programming, quantum computing, cryptography,web development, operating systems, digital forensics, cryptography, and cyber security. These are from publishers such as Pearson, McGraw Hill, Jones Bartlett, etc. Many of these are used as textbooks in over 60 universities around the world.
Over 70 research papers on topics such as cryptography, machine learning, digital forensics, cyberwarfare, and cyber security.
25 computer science related patents
Dr. Easttom is an adjunct professor for Vanderbilt University teaching graduate courses in digital forensics and quantum computing
an an adjunct lecturer for Georgetown Univeristy teaching graduate courses in cryptography and systems engineering.
He developed a graduate digital forensics course for the University of Dallas and taught this course for the University as an adjunct professor from 2019 to 2022
In 2019 he was a professor of practice at Capitol Technology University and advised doctoral students.
1. Chair of IEEE P3123 Standard for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) Terminology and Data Formats.
2. Vice Chair of IEEE P23026 - Systems and Software Engineering -- Engineering and Management of Websites for Systems, Software, and Services Information
3. Member of IEEE Software & Systems Engineering Standards Committee. Working on the DevOps 2675 standards group 2017 to 2019.
4. Member of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Standards Committee. Standard for a Unified Terminology for Brain-Computer Interfaces P2731 from 2020 to present. I am chairing one of the subgroups.
5. Member of IEEE P2995 - Trial-Use Standard for a Quantum Algorithm Design and Development Standards Group from 2021 to present
6. Vice Chair of IEEE P3120 - Quantum Computing Architecture Working Group
7. Member of IEEE P3155 QuSIM/WG - Programmable Quantum Simulator Working Group
8. Member of IEEE Artificial Intelligence Standards Group from 2021 to present
9. Member of the advisory board for Embry Riddle University cyber security program within the Homeland Security degree program 2016-2018.
10. Created the course and certification test for Certified OSForensics Examiner (OSFCE). OSForensics is a forensic software tool used to analyze computers.
11. Reviewer for the International Journal of Cyber Warfare and Terrorism (IJCWT)
12. Reviewer for scientific papers submitted to IEEE Security & Privacy.
13. Reviewer for scientific papers submitted to the International Journal of Network Security.
14. Editorial board member Journal of Information Security Science & Digital Forensics. This is an international peer reviewed information security journal.
15. Editorial board for the year 2016 member for. The Forensic Examiner. This is a peer reviewed forensic journal.
16. Subject matter expert for the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Server + exam creation team. I was part of the team that helped create the CompTIA Server+ certification test.
17. Subject matter expert for the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Linux+ exam review team. I was part of the team that helped create the CompTIA Linux+ certification test.
18. Subject matter expert for the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Security+ exam Job Task Analysis team. I was part of the team that helped create the CompTIA Security+ certification test.
19. Subject matter expert for the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Certified Technical Trainer exam revision team.
20. Created the EC Council Certified Encryption Specialist course and certification test. Then revised the course and certification in 2017.
21. Created the EC Council CAST Advanced Encryption course.
22. Worked on the Job Task Analysis Team for the Certified Ethical Hacker v8 test.
23. Created the video courses for EC-Council CASE (Certified Application Security Engineer) courses for Java and .Net
Speaker of the ACM (2017 to 2020)
2. Distinguished visitor of the IEEE 2019-2023
2. Member of the International Association of Cryptological Research (IACR)
3. Senior Member of the ACM (Association of Computing Machinery) and member of two special interest groups
4. Senior Member of the IEEE (Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers)
5. Senior Member of the IEEE Computing group
6. Associate Member of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences (2015 to 2018)
7. Member of InfraGard (FBI-Civilian group for cyber security)2013-2019
8. 1992-1993 National Deans List
9. Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities 1998
10. Marquis Who's Who in America
11. Marquis Who's Who in Education
12. Marquis Who's Who in Science and Engineering