Author, Consultant, Computer Expert
This segment of the website is to provide a list of research papers that reference my work, his own research papers, and other information regarding places where my work has had some impact.
My books and articles have been referenced by numerous computer scientists, including several Ph.D. dissertations. A few of those references are included here:
- An assessment of user response to phishing attacks: the effects of fear and self-confidence by Deanna House, Ph.D. Dissertation in Information Systems, University of Texas Arlington.
- Reference Model Based High Fidelity Simulation Modeling For Manufacturing Systems by Hansoo Kim Ph.D. Dissertation, School of Industrial and Systems Engineering Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Leadership Styles And Information Security In Small Businesses: An Empirical Investigation by Debasis Bhattachary, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Phoenix.
- A cryptographically-based operating system security model that protects against privileged attackers. By Christian Pain Ph.D. Dissertation Murdoch University School of Information Technology
- The adoption of business-to-business systems by small and medium enterprises in Amman and the perceptions of its influence on performance and efficiency by Anals A. AlBakry, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Southern Queensland
- Design of a Forensic Overlay Model for Application Development Linlin Ke, Masters Thesis, College of Engineering, University of Canterbury.
- Forensic Analysis of Linux Physical Memory: Extraction and Resumption of Running Processes. ED Mougoue, Masters Thesis, James Madison University.
- Hackers, spies, and stolen secrets: protecting law firms from data theft by Alan W. Ezekiel. Harvard Journal of Law & Technology Volume 26, Number 2 Spring 2013Taming the diversity of information assurance & security - Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges Volume 23 , Issue 4 (April 2008) J. Paul Myers, Sandra Riela.
- Adding information assurance to the curriculum - Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges Volume 22 , Issue 2 (December 2006) Richard Weiss.
- Effect of Windows XP Firewall on Network Issues in Informing Science and Information Technology Volume 4, 2007 Al-Rawi(King Faisal University Saudi Arabia) ,Lansari (Zayed University UAE).
- Assessing Risks of Policies to Patch Software Vulnerabilities Radianti, Sveen, Gonzalez.
- A study of efficient avoidance in the event of DNS(domain name system) failure - Proceedings of the 8thConference on 8th WSEAS International Conference on Automation and Information - Volume 8 Lin, Hwang, Lin.
- Embracing the Diversity of Information Assurance & Security - Myers
- A study of efficient avoidance in the event of DNS(domain name system) failure -Yang, Hyon, Hankyu .
- Social and Organizational Aspects of Information Security Management -K. Michael.
- The Problems and Policy Alternatives for Cyber Security in the Networking Age By Lee Ki Shik.
- Securing Small Business:- The Role of Information Technology Policy. Batten and Castleman.
- The Impact of Virtual Private Network (VPN) on a Company's Network. Powell, J.M.
- Thinking Globally: Incorporating an International Component in Information Security Curricula. Kiswani and Al-Bakari.
- Security, ethics and electronic commerce systems: cybercrime and the need for information sharing security White and Long.
- The Expanded Risk Horizon of Accounting Networks Utilizing Wireless Technology - David R. Fordham -AIS Educator Journal Volume: 4 Issue: 1 2009.
- Researches on the IPv6 Network safeguard linked system - Ma Yue, Lian Hong, and Zhang Xiao Feng- Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT), 2010 3rd IEEE International Conference 2010.
- Migration from Microsoft to Linux on Servers and Desktops. –Kumar.
- Decision making process in migration from Microsoft to Linux –Kumar.
- Influence of copyrights over the relationships in elearning Ivan Pogarcic, Marko Pogarcic, Matej Pogarcic Polytechnic of Rijeka, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana.
- Using Whois Based Geolocation and Google Maps API for support cybercrime investigations, Asmir Butkovic et. al.
- Odyssey Of Data Security With A New Perception. Ankita & Lavisha
- Cyber Law: Approach to Prevent Cyber Crime. M Verma, SA Hussain, SS Kushwah.
- The Internet-EDI Systems Adoption by Enterprises in Jordan: Descriptive Analysis of Adoption, Strategies and Benefits by Anas Al Bakri International Journal of Internet and Distributed Systems.
- Encryption Protocol using some Pieces of Message as Key by S. Prakancharoen - International Journal of Applied Computer Technology.
- A Patient Privacy Protection Scheme for Medical Information System by Chenglang Lu et. al. Journal of Medical Systems.
- A study of information security awareness and practices in Saudi Arabia by Alarifi, A.; SISAT, Univ. of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW, Australia. doi: 10.1109/ICCITechnol.2012.6285845.
- Secure login by using One-time Password authentication based on MD5 Hash encrypted SMS by Sediyono, E. ; Satya Wacana Christian Univ., Salatiga, Indonesia ; Santoso, K.I. ; Suhartono. doi: 10.1109/ICACCI.2013.6637420.
- Design and Implementation of a Virtual Calculation Centre (VCC) for Engineering Students, by Alaeddine. Published in International Journal of Online Engineering . 2010, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p18-23.
- Artificial Intelligence Tool and Electronic Systems Used to Develop Optical Applications, By Tecpoyotl-Torres et. al. Chapter 10 in the book Advances in Lasers and Electro Optics
- The entry on ‘computer crime and security’ in the Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology cites my Computer Security Fundamentals textbook.
Universities using my books
A number of colleges and universities around the world have used, or are using one or more of my books as textbooks. Below is an exemplary sample of some of those universities.
1. University Of Oklahoma
2. Arizona Western College
3. College Of So Nevada-Cheyenne
4. College Of S Nevada-W Charleston
5. Pennsylvania State University
6. University Of Nebraska
7. University of North Dakota
8. Western Illinois University
9. University Of South Carolina
10. Florida State University
11. East Tennessee State University
12. University Of The Incarnate Word
13. Midwestern State University
14. University Of S Carolina-Lancaster
15. George Mason University
16. Queen’s College New York
17. American Military University
18. Columbus State University
19. Texas Christian University
20. Auburn University
21. University of Dhaka (Bangladesh)
22. Kurukshetra University (India)
23. Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (Malaysia)
24. Trinity College of Puerto Rico
25. Technological Institute of the Phillipines
26. Devry University
27. Piedmont Technical College
28. College of Souther Nevada
30. South Texas Comunity College
31. Gateway Community College Longwharf
32. College of CHarleston
33. Iona College
34. Montgomery Community College
35. Albertus Magnus College
In addition some of my books have been translated into additional languages including German, Korean, and Mandarin.